Monday, December 13, 2010

Reflection on Internship

Looking back at my internship at the Department of Commerce, I'm glad I took the opportunity to go to DC. I learned a great deal of what security means at the federal level. Security is not just people guarding doors, but it involves investigations, information protection, emergency management, information technology, personnel protection, anti-terrorism, and physical security. I was fortunate to be the intern chosen to be in the office that oversaw all the aspects of security (the Strategic and Administrative Management Division). I enjoyed seeing how policy affected all these different divisions of security, and how each reacted to them. Being around the directors for the Office of Security helped me to learn and gain insights on budget details within a government organization that I would not have otherwise learned in a textbook. I'm very grateful for the internship program that provided this opportunity and will never forget this experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment