Monday, December 13, 2010

Things are a little different

One of the difficult things about being in DC was being away from family and friends. Of course, thanks to technology we could now Skype and it made it a little more manageable in terms of "seeing" each other. However, I would have to say it was a little tough for me because of the time difference. I was always 3 hours ahead of my girlfriend in California and I had to sometimes endure tough workdays with little sleep the night before. I wouldn't normally consider myself a big coffee drinker but I became one while in DC, and would frequent the local Starbucks regularly.  Another big thing that I had to maneuver around was the fact that DC or Maryland did not have a Chase bank!  I could not make deposits or get cash without paying a fee to use an ATM. Since I knew I would only be there for a few months, I decided to just use the cash back option from local stores when I needed cash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment